lawrence4 Forum Index

lawrence4

lawrence4

PortalPortal  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  GBGuestbook  User PanelUser Panel  RegisterRegister 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  StatisticsStatistics  LinksLinks  Log inLog in 
 CalendarCalendar  DownloadsDownloads  Comments to your karmaComments to your karma  ToplistToplist  Recent topicsRecent topics  Voting forumVoting forum

without worrying about the costs involved.
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

View previous topicEmail to a Friend.Users who have viewed this topicSave this topic as a txt filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
zhouyueyue

Appassionato
Appassionato

Iscritti

italy
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2020 08:20:53    Post subject:  without worrying about the costs involved.
Description:

Several years ago
Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
, one of my favorite speculative fiction writers, Orson Scott Card, started creating an online community of readers, a community that continues to thrive to this day. As I recall, during my first exposure to the community Scott was posting chapters of the book he was writing at the time, and giving people the opportunity to comment and make suggestions.

I thought
, "What a great idea," and promptly stored it away for future use. Well, the future is here now as I pull a writing Purpose Project from the backburner to the front burner. I envision the Amberlin Series to be just that -- a series of books chronicling the life and times of Amberlin Gentry, a spiritual genius who's born into an ultra conservative spiritual community known as Golden Acres. There she is raised by her grandmother, Rose, who is the great-granddaughter of the founding father of Golden Acres
, and her grandfather, Jonathan, who quietly practices an 'eclectic spirituality' while living in the fundamentalist community.

Since I started writing this visionary novel about a year ago, I already have several chapters roughed out which I will be posting over the next several days. My plan is to then continue to post chapters as they are written.

I invite your participation by reading the saga of Amberlin as it's being written and offering constructive questions and comments. I'll also post more about what I'm particularly looking for that falls under the heading of "constructive questions and comments."

Ok, here's the start of Chapter 1 of The Goddess Returns:

7-year-old Amberlin watched as her favorite ducky drifted towards the spiraling waterspout as the water drained from the mammoth Victorian-style tub. As the clockwise current of water drew the floating toy into its influence, she smiled and waved her index finger in a counterclockwise motion
, then giggled lightly as the spout changed direction and the toy duck followed suit soon after. After a few moments, Amberlin stopped her finger, and the water quickly resumed its customary clockwise motion, until once again she impressed her own will upon the water. She continued playing like this for several moments, enchanted by the game without noticing her grandmother, Rose
, quietly observing her, until suddenly:

"What in God's name are you doing? Oh my Lord," Rose shrieked. "Jon, Jon. Come up here at once," She yelled to her husband, but even before he arrived
, she took matters into her own hands, as she was accustomed to doing. "You stop that right now, you hear. That's a bad girl." Rose grabbed Amberlin's hand and slapped it sharply across the knuckles. "You mustn't do such things. Dear God. Jon, Jon. Are you coming or not?" Amberlin tried to stifle her cry of alarm and pain, but a whimper escaped despite her best effort. As she tried to pull her hand from danger, a pair of tears escaped
, coursing down her ruddy cheeks.

Continue the chapter by going to:

Brad Swift of Life On Purpose Institute, Inc. This article can be reprinted freely online, as long as the entire article and this resource box are included.

Umrah is often referred to as the 'lesser pilgrimage', especially when compared to Hajj, which is a major pilgrimage in Islam and one of its five pillars. It is Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upon him) Sunnah and this is the reason why it has a special place in the hearts of Muslims across the world. This particular pilgrimage is not an obligation for a Muslim and can be performed at any time during the year. As it involves a lesser number of rituals compared to Hajj, Umrah can be performed within a few hours.

Muslims living in countries far from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia have to make a long journey to the holy city of Makkah from their homes and this involves a certain amount of cost. This is the reason why many Muslims living in the United Kingdom had to keep postponing their plans of performing the lesser pilgrimage in the past. Over the years
, many tour operators have come up in various parts of the country offering Umrah packages from UK at lower costs. Such packages have helped many of the Muslims residing in the UK to fulfil their dream of performing the lesser pilgrimage without worrying about the costs involved.

In recent times, almost all the tour operators offering the Islamic religious tours of Hajj and Umrah have their own websites. Today, these sites can be accessed easily using smartphones as the websites have been made mobile-friendly by employing the latest technologies. As the internet has become cheaper than ever before, the country鈥檚 Muslims can easily search for suitable Umrah packages online. Upon making detailed comparisons between these packages, they can choose the one that suits their budget. However, they must verify whether the tour operator providing the package has been authorised by Saudi Arabia鈥檚 Ministry of Hajj before booking.

Those looking out for cheaper packages can reduce the costs involved in making their journey from their place of residence in the UK to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia by booking the desired Umrah packages well in advance. Upon booking their chosen package much earlier
, they can have greater savings to be utilised for their journey. Before they make their bookings in advance, the country鈥檚 Muslims must first decide their departure date. After deciding a suitable date of departure, they must decide their duration of stay in Makkah. Once they are certain about the dates, they can go ahead with their booking.

For those who are not concerned about budgets, there are high-end packages offered by tour operators that include flights of the leading airlines and accommodations arranged in one of the elegant 5-star hotels of Makkah. Most of these hotels are located extremely close to the Masjid al-Haram, which gives the pilgrims greater convenience in visiting the holy mosque and performing the rituals of Umrah with complete peace o.
Adv

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2020 08:20:53    Post subject: Adv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lawrence4 Forum Index -> Forum di prova All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: